2022 Summer Class Schedule
We're continuing to enact COVID-19 restrictions. We'll be holding classes from June 27 through August 7. We'll be holding some limited classes in-person on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays while others will be available online. Online classes will be offered in two formats: short pre-recorded lessons that you can download and watch on your own time and online classes when you will be able to interact with the teacher.
For in person classes:
ALL in person classes will be held at Lou Ann David park
- We are capping each class to 10 students.
- Students will need to pre-register to identify their ranked-choice for classes. With the capping in mind we will review and try to provide each student with at least one top-choice class for them to be enrolled into. We will then email a confirmation of which classes each student has been enrolled into around June 4. Remote classes do not have a cap and therefore pre-registrations for these classes can be understood to be accepted but the June email confirmation will include a reminder of such enrollments and will include information for accessing these classes.
- Please arrive promptly within 5 minutes of the start of class and exit the class area within 5 minutes of the end of class.
- We miss socializing without constraints and being able to picnic together too, but with the current conditions, including the knowledge that fully vaccinated people can still spread the virus, we must remain vigilant and not let our coming together put our community at risk. With that in mind, we will be requiring ALL participants (teachers and students and adminstrators) to remain masked at all times and they all must try to maintain 6 feet distance from those outside their own household. If you are unwilling to accomodate this request, we ask that you not join us for the in-person classes.
- Beginner Stilting and Unicycling students: We will not be providing spotters this year. All students must have a spotter come with them to hold them up and, if stilting, help put on their stilts
- Intermediate/Advanced Stilting students: Similar to the beginner stilting note above, we ask that all intermediate/advanced stilters come prepared to manage their own stilts without aid from our organizers
Approximately 1060 Broadway, Somerville, MA, just Southwest of Sq
We have the following online classes on Mondays:
Diabolo - Beginner (6+) 5:15-5:45pm
Diabolo - Intermediate (7+) 7:30-8:00pm
Poi - Beginner (6+) 6:00-6:30pm
Poi - Intermediate (7+) 6:45-7:15pm
Sphereplay (8+) 4:30-5:00pm
Minimum ages are in parentheses, with the following additional requirements:
*Tumbling for Two is split into 2 sessions, one from 5:30-5:55 and the other from 6:00-6:25.
**Unlike most intermediate classes, Baton Twirling - Intermediate is available to a wider range of prior experience. Students with any of the following skills may join the class: Baton Twirling, Poi, or Juggling.
***These classes have reached their cap and are available for wait-list only. Last year we had a couple students cancel in June and we also may find the opportunity to provide additional sessions of a given class.