2021 Summer Class Schedule
We're doing things VERY differently this summer on account of COVID-19. We're holding some classes in person and others online through zoom as well as making pre-recorded lessons available. We're still working on a lot of it but here's what we have so far:
For in person classes:
ALL in person classes will be held at Perry Park - 359 Washington St, Somerville, MA
- We are capping each class to 10 students.
- Students will need to pre-register to identify their ranked-choice for classes. With the capping in mind we will review and try to provide each student with at least one top-choice class for them to be enrolled into. We will then email in mid-June a confirmation of which classes each student has been enrolled into. Remote classes do not have a cap and therefore pre-registrations for these classes can be understood to be accepted but the mid-June email confirmation will include a reminder of such enrollments and will include information for accessing these classes.
- Please note that each student should be accompanied by 1 (and only 1) guardian.
- Please arrive promptly within 5 minutes of the start of class and exit the class area within 5 minutes of the end of class.
- We miss socializing without constraints and being able to picnic together too, but with the current conditions, including the knowledge that fully vaccinated people can still spread the virus, we must remain vigilant and not let our coming together put our community at risk. With that in mind, we will be requiring ALL participants (teachers, students, guardians, adminstrators) to remain masked at all times and they all must try to maintain 6 feet distance from those outside their own household. If you are unwilling to accomodate this request, we ask that you not join us for the in-person classes.
Additional classes planned for In-Person but not yet assigned a day:
Additionally, we will provide video lessons and equipment loans for the following classes:
Stilting - Beginner (6+)
Minimum ages are in parentheses, with the following additional requirements:
***Unlike most intermediate classes, Baton Twirling - Intermediate is available to a wider range of prior experience. Students with any of the following skills may join the class: Baton Twirling, Poi, or Juggling.